GARDENITY provides professional assistance with projects involving plants in amenity situations - gardens, parks, school grounds, care homes and other green spaces - in Kent, UK.
A specialist resource for domestic, commercial and public sector Clients.
A support service for greenspace professionals, architects, estate managers, developers and others as well as to home owners with gardens of any size.
GARDENITY offers a range of services, from site assessments through assistance with project development to practical management and maintenance advice.
Examples of commissions undertaken:
- garden appraisal
- work practice survey
- maintenance schedule
- management plan
- assistance with recruitment of grounds/garden staff
- grant application
- public consultation
- research of a site's history
support for tree collections
GARDENITY specialises in tree identification, creation of tree databases and labeling of trees within tree collections. Projects involving development of Tree Trails and their interpretation are also undertaken.
GARDENITY offers advice on the management and maintenance of existing plantings and:
- plant identification
- plant selection for improvement projects
- planting plans
- gardening for biodiversity
training and education
- Bespoke training in gardening skills for staff or volunteers looking after outdoor areas
- garden care coaching sessions for home owners (see www.gardenity.co.uk/services)
- talks on garden-related subjects
- support in the development of greenspace events programmes
Eva Girling holds a masters degree in horticultural science and a diploma in management. Her career of over 25 years has given her first-hand experience of management and hands-on involvement in the maintenance and development of green spaces. She has contributed to the improvement of numerous parks, gardens and natural landscapes, in both private and public ownership.
Her former roles include Parks Development Officer for Maidstone Borough Council, Head Gardener at Cobham Hall School, Gravesend, and Head Ranger at Cobtree Manor Park, Aylesford.
She has trained as a judge for the Green Flag award scheme for public parks.
During her career as a horticulturist and a consultant, Eva Girling completed or worked in partnership on a variety of projects and commissions.
mote park, maidstone, kent
- Heritage Lottery funding for project development and park restoration
- public consultation on the park restoration project
conservation, audience development and access plans
park restoration proposals
green spaces strategy, maidstone, kent
- "Walk Maidstone" – a new network of walking trails with interpretation leaflets
- "Maidstone Allotments" – a detailed analysis of existing provision with proposals for improvements
capital improvement projects in parks combined with increased public engagement
cobtree manor park, aylesford, kent
- restoration and renovation of a public park
- Heritage Lottery funding application
- "Conservation Statement" - a 50-page report on the heritage value, existing condition and management of the park, with proposals for improvement
- "Management Plan" - a detailed report including schedules of work to restore the neglected tree and shrub collection, and to improve biodiversity and public access
- arboretum development - tree identification, database, labelling, creation of tree trail
- educational events programme